Thanks to my lovely author pal Denise DeSio for nominating me for this award. According to the rules, I must now tell you 7 things about myself:
- I’ve just finished writing and editing my second novel-length work, a collection of short stories about women and their tattoos. It’s called Portrait of Woman in Ink: A Tattoo Storybook.
- My first book, The Redheaded Stepchild, is a self-published collection of disjointed short stories about Cady, a young woman dealing with the presence of a difficult stepmother. No zombies or vampires.
- The Redheaded Stepchild has been chosen as a semi-finalist in Literary Fiction by 2012 Kindle Book Reviews. Finalists will be chosen on September 1, 2012 and winners will be chosen on October 1, 2012.
- I finally, after four years, sold the house I owned with my ex. Stupid recession.
- I love all kinds of cheese, especially provel, which is apparently not a substance recognized by the state of Texas. Case in point: favorite meal = grilled cheese and tomato soup. Also not Texas appropriate, especially in July.
- I am a ridiculously skilled seamstress. Why buy a new summer wardrobe when you can be a glutton for punishment like myself, spend hours making it yourself, and spend just as much money?
- I’m a total geek. I drool at HTML5, can write specialized subsets of XML, and I love Battlestar Galactica.
I’d like to nominate the following people for this award:
- Kristen Weigand of Ola-Mae’s.
- Author Carmen DeSousa
- Christina Fifield-Winn of The Coffee Break Series
- Erin of A Dress A Day (I love the pattern stories the best)
- Author L.M. Stull
Congratulations! If I didn’t send you the award by email, please feel free to grab the award image and post it on your site, and don’t forget to pass it on.
Just seeing this…thanks so much for the recognition!